Tuesday, February 16, 2010

KALPARISMA by Parmigiani Fleurier

The Kalparisma is a new luxury watch collection from Parmigiani Fleurier. Drawing on inspiration from its historical Kalpa form , the Kalparisma Collection is elegantly full of fun. The timepiece depicted above is by far my favorite - kind of resembles bubbling champagne. I can almost hear the slight sizzle as bubbles float to the surface and gently explode. Of course, the "bubbles" are 132 brilliant-cut diamonds.
A few things about this watch totally work for me; the elegant tonneau-shape case, slender lugs, 18k rose gold and the diamond speckles. Now don't assume the movement is quartz, it is actually an automatic movement with a 55 hour power reserve. The Parmigiani Fleurier's Calibre pF331 is specially redesigned to accommodate the Kalparisma's smaller size. Another remarkable feature in this particular model is the lovely 5 point star directly above the 6 o'clock marking the rhythm of the seconds .
I absolutely love when automatic movements are used in powering elegant ladies timepieces as most often you find a quartz movement. The watch face has tremendous appeal; indexes are rose gold applique, hands are delta shaped with luminous coating above a misty mother-of-pearl dial. Anti-reflective sapphire crystals on front and back protect the watch with exceptional scratch resistant quality.

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of the Longines Dolce Vita (http://longinesusa.com/). But I think I'd prefer the Longines over this. I don't seem to like the diamond accent.

    ReplyDelete