The timepiece is an elegant and sophisticated mark of precision excellence whereby all the components work in perfect unity.
Did You Know:
- SIHH (Salon International De La Haute Horlogerie Geneva) opens its door for the 20th year on 16th January running to January 20th, 2012.
- The tourbillon was invented in 1795 by Swiss watchmaker Abraham-Louis Bregeut. A tourbillon was said to counter the effects of gravity on a pocket watch. In a traditional tourbillon, the escapement and balance wheel rotates in a cage at one rotation per minute.
- Power reserve complication is the amount of energy a watch is capable of storing - ie the amount of mainspring power stored in the barrel - while the watch is motionless (automatic) or unwound - indicated with the aid of a power reserve indicator in hours or days.
- New Requirements for Seal of Geneva - click here
- The Patrimony Traditionnelle line was launched in 2007.
- Vacheron Constantin was founded in Geneve Switzerland in 1755, by Jean-Marc Vacheron.
- Vacheron Constantin is one of the oldest watch manufacturers in the world with an uninterrupted history. (Blancpain was established in 1735 but went dormant in 1971 for 12 years during the quartz scare)
- Vacheron Constantin is one of the finest watch manufacturers in the world comparable in status to Patek Phillipe and Blancpain.
- Vacheron Constantin is a brand of the Richemont Group.